Thursday, August 15, 2013

Daddy Cool

I was recently made aware of this song. I hadn't heard it since I was a kid.



Check out the video.


About the video, I am not sure which show this was shot for, but I don't think the audience was expecting this. They seem to not care that there is a man stripping down and getting down with his mic stand. They are also unimpressed with the woman whose dress is topped with the doctors reflective head thingy. Will.i.am fans now know where he got the idea for his hear. Please see the singer in the middle. I gotta say this is pretty much what I expect from a band named Boney M.
After this video aired on German TV, the song went to number 1 (in Germany).

Turns out, not a surprise that the people are all lip-synching. This is an early Millie Vanilli. The male vocals were all recorded by the German Producer, singer song writer Fred Farian. I thought it was funny that a guy from Aruba had such a thick german accent. Still for me the accent makes it.
Peace.

PS totally worth 99 cents on iTunes.

Another pic for the kids at home.

No comments: