Monday, April 21, 2014

Music Galore.

We've been listening to a lot of music in the last twenty-four hours. My wife and a friend suggested I move the records to the living room among making other changes. This inspired us to paint quickly. Thanks to all of the family that helped with that task. The picture above is the temporary solution until we buy shelves specifically for the music collection. These will be an Ikea hack that includes Kallax shelves and capita feet, base on many DJ console plans I found online. See my sketch below.

 To the non-record owning person, it might seem that I have a lot of records. I don't dispute that I have a lot of music, over fourteen linear feet of twelve inch records and many 7's. Folks with my level of involvement in music often have much more.  Grad school and having children tempered my ability to buy many records over the last decade. That being said, there have been many records that I have bought either because they look cool or I had some familiarity with them but had not heard the whole selection. Now that I think about it, this is how we used to buy music before the one-track-purchase-at-a-time-itunes era. I have come up with a fun way to explore and reacquaint myself with my collection. I am hoping to regularly update this blog with a picture, description, and review.
Stay Tuned!

No comments: